6:00pm-9:00pm on Tuesday evenings|
Beginning:Tuesday, May 23rd, 2017
Ending: Tuesday, June 20th, 2017
Our Beginning Quilting by Machine class is perfect for someone who wants to learn how to quilt, with no prior experience with a sewing machine, or for anyone who wants to hone their quilting skills and learn to master the scant quarter inch! A fun filled class with a completed quilt top to show off at the end of the 5 weeks! Come ready to have fun!
You will learn:
- The basics: Fabrics, Thread, Needles and more!
- How to piece your quilt top by Machine
- Rotary Cutting
- Fabric Tips and Cutting Tricks
- Successfully Finish Your First Quilt Top
Plan to purchase your fabric in the shop prior to or on the first day of class. We will be able to help you to select the proper contrast so that your final product will be something that you love. If you buy your fabric in our store, we will give you a $10 credit toward your purchase.
- For a Lap Sized Quilt (61"x61")
- 1-1/3 yards of Focus Fabric
- 3/4 yard of Light Background Fabric
- 1-7/8 yards of Dark Fabric
- 3/4 yard of Border Fabric
- For a Twin Sized Quilt (70"x90")
- 1-5/8 yards of Focus Fabric
- 1-1/4 yards of Light Background Fabric
- 3-1/4 yards of Dark Fabric
- 1-1/2 yards of Border Fabric
BRING TO CLASS
- Pattern $9.00
- Quilters Magic Wand $3.50
- Tucker Trimmer I $17.50
We will discuss all of these items in the class.
- Sewing Machine
- Seam Ripper
- Rotary Cutter
- Rulers (12" and 24")